Find that track on you tube
Post it shamelessly on your blog.
This was number 1 in the UK singles chart when I was born:
[Error: unknown template video]
This in the US singles chart:
[Error: unknown template video]
- Derek and the Dominos — Layla
- Nickelback — If Everyone Cared
- Enya — Lothlórien
- Blue Öyster Cult — Workshop of the Telescopes
- Yes — Your Move / (I've Seen) All Good People
- Genesis — Dreaming While You Sleep
- All About Eve — Appletree Man
- Marillion — The Bell in the Sea
- Runrig — Loch Lomond
- Hovercraft Pirates — Bring Your Guns
- VNV Nation — Structure
- Annie Lennox — I Can't Get Next To You
- Marillion — Deserve
- Infected Mushroom — Stretched
- Genesis — Misunderstanding
- The Undertones — Teenage Kicks
- The Damned — There'll Come a Day
- T'Pau — Friends Like These
- Neil Young & Crazy Horse — Lotta Love
- Genesis — Going Out to Get You
|Ideas Light Up Your Life|
You think it's interesting to imagine how the world could be. You are a daydreamer.
You tend fly solo. You have a few good deep friendships, and that's all you need.
You are a friendly and honest person. You're willing to give anyone a shot, no matter who they are.
|Your Animal is the Crane|
You may seem friendly and outgoing, but it's not the full picture. You prefer your own quiet company.
You are a smart and talented person. You have an amazing set of skills.
You are also quite reflective and thoughtful. You have a unique spirituality that is always growing.
|You Have Air Hands|
You are very intellectual and logical. You don't find emotional appeals compelling.
You are surprisingly self-accepting and content. You're happy with who you are.
You are confident and full of hope. You inspire others simply by being yourself.
Take Which Doctor Who companion are you? (girls) today!
Created with Rum and Monkey's Personality Test Generator.
Silly Doctor. It's adorable, really, how hard he tries. And he is pretty brilliant, you'll give him that. But he always seems to overlook the obvious--including the fact that he's not the only Gallifreyan onboard, thank you very much. You are always calm and collected, and more often than not wonderfully witty, in the face of adversity. The Doctor knows he can count on you, even when you infuriate him!
- Make a list of 5 things that you can see without getting up.
Candles, teddy bear, iPod, Eeyore coffee mug, silk kimono
- How do you style your hair?
Wash, brush, tie back in pony tail
- What are you wearing now?
PJ bottoms, rugby shirt
- What's your occupation?
Layabout. Well some class me as that – actually long term sick. Medically we are starting to get things sorted, but my body keeps throwing other things in my path.
- Name a favorite something (flower, rock, food, film, song, etc.) that you think no one knows?
- Who was the last person you hugged?
- What is/was for dinner?
Pork steak, peas and a baked potato.
- What did you do today?
Did a bit of housework, including a load of laundry, replaced one of my geocaches down by the river, called in at the docs to collect a script for my pain meds, and went to the supermarket
- Favourite cupcake flavour?
Lemon with vanilla topping
- If you had to change your name, what would you change it to?
I've changed my name once and I've no plan t change it again.
- What was the last item that you bought (that wasn't food)?
That would be a couple of frozen weaner rats for the snake. If that counts as food, then a book.
- If you could afford to go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
Oz, and Machu Picchhu
- Favourite type of music?
Argh! Depends on mood. Might be Goth, might be classical, might be blues, might be folk.
- Favourite novel?
Toss up between The Lord of the Rings and Jane Eyre
- Your favorite pair of pajamas?
The silk ones given me by the b/f
- If you could play any musical instrument, which one would you play?
- Who do you want to bitchslap the most?
I'm not generally violent, but probably Pete for the last time he did a bit of victim blaming
- If you could read a loved one's mind for 24 hours, would you?
- What are you looking forward to the most?
Getting to the bottom of the seizures and getting them under control
2001 – Living in Northwich, different house but still a rented Victorian terrace. House has a leaky bathroom roof and sheds slates in high winds. Owners constantly fail to deal with repairs to roof. Working for Motorola, heading towards alcoholism (didn't quite get there thankfully) as a means of coping. not long broken up from a 4 year relationship.
1991 – Living in Castle Bromwich, part time carerer for ailing Grandmother whilst holding down full time job at a pro audio-mixer manufacturer.
1981 – same 2 bed flat, not employed having not long moved to the area, but working as a volunteer at Tyseley Locomotive Works (as it is now).
1971 – Living in Gosforth, this year saw me finish primary school and start at Gosforth Grammar, where I became the target of bullying for being different.
1961 – Living in Benwell not far south of the course Hadrian's Wall. Parents were soon to split leaving me and my older sister in the care of our maternal Grandmother.
My 'on the move' book - 'Letters on Demonology and Witchcraft' by Sir Walter Scott.
My home book - just finished 'Oath of Gold' by Elizabeth Moon.
The book I love most:
'The Lord of the Rings' by J.R.R Tolkien, the book that introduced me to fantasy, first read it about 1974.
The last book I received as a gift:
'Tale of Two Cities' by Charles Dickens from Liz was bought for me when I was due to go into hospital for major surgery.
The last book I gave as a gift: 'The Unadulterated Cat' by Terry Pratchett. Essential reading (and giggling) for cat owners.
The nearest book on my desk: I'm in bed so no at the desk, but the nearest book to hand is 'Speeches of Oliver Cromwell'. Certain folks here abouts know of my favourite period of English History.
Your Dark Element is Earth
You are well grounded. You nurture and comfort everyone that you know.
You are naturally diplomatic, but it isn't easy. You can be indecisive and contradictory at times.
You work hard, but you also get discouraged. You can be withdrawn and moody.
You tend to give so much to others that you forget to take care of yourself.
B is for beer of choice: Not supposed to drink as it doesn't play well with my meds.
C is for career right now: Trying to plan for a return to work, depending on what the medics find over then next couple of months.
D is for your dog's name: Don't have a dog.
E is for essential item you use everyday: Kettle.
F is for favorite TV show at the moment: House
G is for favorite game: Magic: the Gathering.
H is for home town: Newcastle upon Tyne.
I is for instruments you play: None.
J is for favorite juice: Apple.
K is for whose butt you'd like to kick: The locum doc who refused to renew my valium script.
L is for last place you ate: Sat on the bed.
M is for marriage: Yes, if I find the right person.
N is for your full name: Alice Philippa Cxxxxxx. And no you're not getting my full surname.
O is for overnight hospital stays: four times in the last 18 months. Once for 7 nights, twice for one night, and the last time was for two nights
P is for people you were with today: Doctor.
Q is for quote: "Force has no place where there is need of skill." -- Herodotus
R is for Biggest Regret: I don't do regrets.
S is for status: In a relationship
T is for time you woke up today: 10:30am.
U is for underwear you have on now: High leg knickers.
V is for vegetable you love: Sprouts
W is for worst habit: Scratching my skin off without realising it when deep in thought.
X is for x-rays you've had: Teeth, neck, spine, head.
Y is for yummy food you ate today: jacket potato with melted brie.
Z is for zodiac sign: Aquarius.
1. Your name: Alice
2. A four-letter word: Adze
3. A boy's name: Andrew
4. A girl's name: Alison
5. An occupation: Architect
6. A color: Apricot
7. Something you wear: Anorak
8. A food: Almonds
9. Something found in the bathroom: Aftershave
10. A place: Andover
11. A reason for being late: Apathy
12. Something you shout: Argh!
13. A movie title: Avatar
14. Something you drink: Absinthe
15. A musical group: Anathema
16. An animal: Armadillo
17. A street name: Acacia Avenue
18. The title of a song: Arabian Knights
Your result for The Intellectual Sexiness Test...
You have an intellectual sexiness factor of 72!
You're an exceptional treat as a lover, appreciated greatly by those who know the differnce. You were probably bored with a few of the people you've been with in your past, feeling like you had to drag them along with you in the sexual adventures you want to have, and probably dumping them for the same reason. It takes a lot to stimulate you; you realize it's not just about bumping uglies. In the end there's gotta be a lot more to it.
Still, there is always room for improvement. Before you can graduate into a true sexual genius, there are a few things you've got to learn, to explore, to think through, talk through, and fuck through. A good place to start is in taking a look at the few things you're still a little hesitant to try. Break down you're last few barriers and discover the outer sexual frontiers, and you'll become a master.
- Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy – Douglas Adams
- The Lord of the Rings – JRR Tolkien
- Of Mice and Men – John Steinbeck
- 1984 – George Orwell
- Brave New World – Aldous Huxley
- Animal Farm – George Orwell
- The City and the Stars – Arthur C. Clarke
- Tess of the D'Urbevilles – Thomas Hardy
- Le Mort D'Arthur – Sir Thomas Malory
- Jane Eyre – Charlotte Brontë
- Mort (plus others) – Terry Pratchett
- The Day of the Triffids – John Wyndham
- Way Station – Clifford D. Simak
- The Player of Games – Iain M. Banks
- The Mill on the Floss – George Eliot
Your result for The Tri-Variable Personality Test (qualified psychologist) ... Test...
You scored 38 Artist, 30 Philosopher, 33 Scientist!
Quote from a Modernist: "People often think I'm flip flopping on my opinons, when in reality, I'm just seeing many sides to something."
Examples of Modernists: Tony Blair, Leonardo Da Vinci, Aristotle
Your result for The Motorcycle Personality Test...
You scored 2 moxie, 14 zeal, and 0 pomp!
You need a bike that can handle your addiction to the twisties as well as comfortably carry two on a weekend trip through the mountains. Your bike is the FJR1300. Can I borrow it someday?
Your result for The Which Discworld Character Am I Test...
Susan Sto Helit
You scored 93 intelligence, 55 morality, and 56 physical strength!
( And so it goes )
1) Ranger Rick 2) Rialian 3) Elenbarathi 4) Starsandfishes 5) Echthros 6) Doltaghey 7) Ebonhost 8) Tibicina 9) Browngirl 10) ceo 11) roozle 12) quietann 13) Dale (achinhibitor) 14) tigerbright 15) autographedcat 16) kitanzi xvii) annonyno חי)thnidu 19) smallship1 20) vashti 21) xydexx 22) Leonard_Arlotte 23) margaras 24) Makyo 25) Vlad 26) Wendy 27) gentle_gamer 28) parmonster XXIX) alicephilippa
Me in what I laughingly call the study. For the first time in ages I've actually been working up there rather than curled up on the sofa with the laptop.
Take a picture of yourself right now. Don’t change your clothes. Don’t fix your hair. Just take a picture. Post that picture with no editing. (Except maybe to get the image size down to something reasonable.) Include these instructions.
Your result for Fantasy Seduction Quiz: What type of fantasy senario would you like to experience in bed? What type of creature would be most likely to seduce you?...
You attracted a Werewolf. Even though most of these beasts seem the type to grab a quick hump and run, they actually are constantly seeking that one mate. They are dominate, dark, rough, and rarely take no for an answer. Submissive or a switch, you will enjoy a night of raw passion that will be like no other, or you yourself are a bit on the dominate or aggressive side. There may be an inner wolf waiting to get out, if it isn't already off the leash. Either way, the likely hood of an encounter being a one time occurrence is very slim.
You Are a Dreaming Soul
Your vivid emotions and imagination takes you away from this world. So much so that you tend to live in your head most of the time. You have great dreams and ambitions that could be the envy of all... But for you, following through with your dreams is a bit difficult
You are charming, endearing, and people tend to love you. Forgiving and tolerant, you see the world through rose colored glasses. Underneath it all, you have a ton of passion that you hide from others. Always hopeful, you tend to expect positive outcomes in your life.
Souls you are most compatible with: Newborn Soul, Prophet Soul, and Traveler Soul
Your Personality Profile
- Without alicephilippa, we would have to pollinate apple trees by hand!
- A rhinoceros horn is made from compacted alicephilippa.
- If you lick alicephilippa ten times, you will consume one calorie!
- In the Spanish edition of Cluedo, alicephilippa is the victim.
- The water in oceans is four times less salty than the water in alicephilippa.
- The risk of being struck by alicephilippa is one occurrence every 9,300 years.
- About one tenth of alicephilippa is permanently covered in ice!
- It is impossible to fold alicephilippa more than seven times.
- If you break alicephilippa, you will get seven years of bad luck.
- The word 'samba' means 'to rub alicephilippa'.
- Nightwish - The Siren
- Adam and The Ants - Never Trust a Man (With Egg on His Face)
- Black Sabbath - Behind the Wall of Sleep
- Antonio Vivaldi - Concerto No.4 'Winter' F Minor, RV 297 - I. Allegro non molto
- The Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness
- Eagles - Victim of Love
- Kevin Coyne - I Only Want to See You Smile
- AC/DC - Go Zone
- ZZ Top - If I Could Only Flag Her Down
- Black Sabbath - Cornucopia
- Clannad - Newgrange
- Jennifer Warnes - First We Take Manhattan
- Black Sabbath - Sweet Leaf
- Ozzy Osbourne - Mama I'm Coming Home
- David Bowie - Boys Keep Swinging
- Evanescence - Call Me When You're Sober
- The Sisters Of Mercy - Bury Me Deep
- Jacques Offenbach - Can-Can (from Orpheus in the Underworld)
- Supertramp - Gone Hollywood
- Adam and The Ants - Liggotage (BBC session)
- Cher - Believe
- Runrig - This Beautiful Pain
- Alice Cooper - I Never Cry
- Tori Amos - Bells for Her
- The Damned - Shadow of Love
This year I've been busy!
In August I invaded Iraq, broke it, and couldn't glue it back together before Mom got home (-1012 points). In January supermouse and I donated clothes to the needy (11 points). Last week on a flight to LA, I stole the emergency flight information card (-40 points). In November I bought porn for barberio (10 points). Last month I turned chorleycakes in for farting in church (3 points).
Overall, I've been naughty (-1028 points). For Christmas I deserve a spanking!